Alongside Liberal Democrat HQ and ALDC, the East of England Liberal Democrats provide numerous training and development events for members. This includes training and workshops at our annual conference.
Local party teams get together with party staff and other campaigners to plan the growth and development of the Liberal Democrats in their area.
The current round of development days includes sessions on aims, ambitions and numbers; message; building the team; and the campaign plan.
Future development days:
- Saturday 22 January, Histon Baptist Church, Cambridge
- Saturday 5 February, Parish Centre, Church of the Holy Spirit, Chelmsford
This programme was also delivered in Bedfordshire in October 2021 and Norwich in January 2022.
Each online helpdesk session has a theme. Connect users are also welcome to turn up and ask any other Connect questions on their mind. Get in touch if there is a topic you would like to suggest. Select the session link to register and receive the Zoom link:
- Thursday 3 February 12.30pm: Getting Connect election-ready, including canvass turfs and uploading postal vote lists
- Tuesday 8 March, 5.30pm: Using Connect to help with nominations
- Thursday 24 March, 12.30pm: Connect helpdesk
- Tuesday 5 April, 5.30pm: Connect helpdesk (including data from nomination papers, postal vote knockup lists)
- Thursday 21 April, 12.30pm: Connect helpdesk (including getting ready for polling day)
The Liberal Democrats offer a packed programme of webinars for members who want to learn more and develop their campaign skills. Select the links below for more details.
- Sessions delivered by Lib Dem HQ staff
- Sessions delivered by ALDC (Association of Lib Dem councillors and campaigners)
In addition there are regular online compliance clinics (third Monday of the month) aimed at Chairs, Treasurers, Data Officers and others dealing with compliance and regulatory issues. Email email@example.com for the Zoom link.