Regional party elections 2020
The ballot closed on Monday 21 December.
Congratulations to the following candidates who were elected unopposed:
- Secretary - Lorraine Flawn
- Treasurer - Sally Symington
- President - Lord Foster of Bath
- Regional Executive (elected by Young Liberal members, 2 places) - Jake Sampson, Kieron Franks
- Campaigns Committee (3 places) - Simon Banks, Christian Hogg, Stephen Robinson
- Conference Committee (4 places) - Peter Chivall, Paul Daley, Victor Scrivens, John Shreeve
The candidates successfully elected following contested elections are:
- Chair: Lucy Nethsingha
- Vice-Chair: John Shreeve
- Chair of the Regional Candidates Committee: Josephine Hayes
- Regional Executive (12 places): Simon Banks, Paul "Billy" Boulton, Nick Hollinghurst, Christian Hogg, Ian Horner, Linda Jack, John Mercer, Adam Robertson, Callum Robertson, James Sandbach, Victor Scrivens, Freja Waterhouse
- Candidates Committee (2 places): Linda Jack, Jon Whitehouse
- Candidates Committee (2 places for former candidates): Dominic Graham, James Sandbach
- Policy Committee (3 places): Michael Kilpatrick, John Mercer, James Sandbach
- Development Committee (3 places): Simon Banks, Dominic Graham, James Sandbach
- English Council representatives (18 places): Paul Clark, Lorraine Flawn, Kieron Franks, Dominic Graham, Josephine Hayes, Susan Holland, Nick Hollinghurst, Ian Horner, Linda Jack, John Mercer, Callum Robertson, Stephen Robinson, James Sandbach, Victor Scrivens, John Shreeve, Sally Symington, Joe Toovey, Jon Whitehouse
The deadline for nomination forms to be returned was 2pm on Saturday 14 November.
- Download a nomination form (Microsoft Word format - editable form)
- Download a nomination form (PDF format)
Terms of office for all posts except English Council representative are 1 January 2021 to 31 December 2022 (two years). English Council representatives will serve from 1 January 2021 to 31 December 2021 (one year).
- Chair of East of England Liberal Democrats
- Vice Chair
- Chair of the Regional Candidates Committee
- President of the East of England Liberal Democrats
- 12 ordinary members of the regional executive
- One member of the regional executive elected by principal councillors
The regional executive also has two places elected by Young Liberals.
- Three ordinary members of the campaigns committee
- Two ordinary members of the candidates committee
- Two recent PPC or PEPC members of the candidates committee
- Four ordinary members of conference committee
- Three ordinary members of development committee
- Thee ordinary members of policy committee
- Eighteen Members of the English Council
The Returning Officer is John Macrory of London Region. Enquiries may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Elections are run in accordance with the East of England election rules, which can be downloaded here [PDF].