Regional Party elections
English Council elections 2022
Nominations have closed for eighteen members of the English Council, to serve until 31 December 2022.
Sixteen valid nominations were received and the following members were therefore declared elected:
- Adam Robertson
- Iain C. Smith
- Jamie Lea
- John Shreeve
- Jon Whitehouse
- Josephine Hayes
- Kenneth Symon
- Kieron Franks
- Lorraine Flawn
- Mary Regnier-Wilson
- Roger Gardner
- Sarah Marsh
- Stephen Bowering
- Stephen Robinson
- Victor Scrivens
- Zoe Hollowood
The English Council oversees the work of the Liberal Democrats in England and sets membership and candidate selection rules. It is made up of representatives of the eleven English regional parties and the Young Liberals and meets two or three times a year on a Saturday (usually online or in London).
The next meeting is expected to take place online on Saturday 26 March (was previously 5 March).
The Returning Officer was John Macrory of London Region. Enquiries may be submitted to email@example.com.
The regional team is always looking for new people to play a part in running the party. If you feel you have skills to offer especially in administration, event organisation or online campaigning or would like to train as a Returning Officer for candidate selections or as an election agent please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regional elections 2020
The results of the regional elections held in December 2020 are below. The next elections for regional officers and committee will take place in November or December 2022.
The following candidates were elected unopposed:
- Secretary - Lorraine Flawn
- Treasurer - Sally Symington
- President - Lord Foster of Bath
- Regional Executive (elected by Young Liberal members, 2 places) - Jake Sampson, Kieron Franks
- Campaigns Committee (3 places) - Simon Banks, Christian Hogg, Stephen Robinson
- Conference Committee (4 places) - Peter Chivall, Paul Daley, Victor Scrivens, John Shreeve
The candidates successfully elected following contested elections were:
- Chair: Lucy Nethsingha
- Vice-Chair: John Shreeve
- Chair of the Regional Candidates Committee: Josephine Hayes
- Regional Executive (12 places): Simon Banks, Paul "Billy" Boulton, Nick Hollinghurst, Christian Hogg, Ian Horner, Linda Jack, John Mercer, Adam Robertson, Callum Robertson, James Sandbach, Victor Scrivens, Freja Waterhouse
- Candidates Committee (2 places): Linda Jack, Jon Whitehouse
- Candidates Committee (2 places for former candidates): Dominic Graham, James Sandbach
- Policy Committee (3 places): Michael Kilpatrick, John Mercer, James Sandbach
- Development Committee (3 places): Simon Banks, Dominic Graham, James Sandbach
- English Council representatives (18 places): Paul Clark, Lorraine Flawn, Kieron Franks, Dominic Graham, Josephine Hayes, Susan Holland, Nick Hollinghurst, Ian Horner, Linda Jack, John Mercer, Callum Robertson, Stephen Robinson, James Sandbach, Victor Scrivens, John Shreeve, Sally Symington, Joe Toovey, Jon Whitehouse
The deadline for nomination forms to be returned was 2pm on Saturday 14 November.
- Download a nomination form (Microsoft Word format - editable form)
- Download a nomination form (PDF format)
Terms of office for all posts except English Council representative are 1 January 2021 to 31 December 2022 (two years). English Council representatives served from 1 January 2021 to 31 December 2021 (one year).
- Chair of East of England Liberal Democrats
- Vice Chair
- Chair of the Regional Candidates Committee
- President of the East of England Liberal Democrats
- 12 ordinary members of the regional executive
- One member of the regional executive elected by principal councillors
The regional executive also has two places elected by Young Liberals.
- Three ordinary members of the campaigns committee
- Two ordinary members of the candidates committee
- Two recent PPC or PEPC members of the candidates committee
- Four ordinary members of conference committee
- Three ordinary members of development committee
- Thee ordinary members of policy committee
- Eighteen Members of the English Council
The Returning Officer was John Macrory of London Region. Enquiries may be submitted to email@example.com
Elections are run in accordance with the East of England election rules, which can be downloaded here [PDF].