Consultation on the Future of Europe
What do you think about the future of the European Union and the UK?
The Liberal Democrat European Group (LDEG) and the Lib Dems' Federal Policy Committee (FPC) invite you to an online consultation on Thursday 14th October at 8pm.
- Baroness Professor Julie Smith, Professor in European Politics, Robinson College, University of Cambridge (chair)
- Robert Harrison (Liberal Democrat Federal Policy Committee)
- Councillor Lucy Nethsingha (Chair, East of England Liberal Democrats and former MEP)
- David Chalmers (Chair, Liberal Democra European Group)
- An MEP from the Renew group in the European Parliament
This event is one of a series of regional webinars which will culminate in a day-long Lib Dem Conference on the Future of Europe on Saturday 30 October. This comprises the Liberal Democrats' part of the consultation process for the European Union's Conference on the Future of Europe.
Its purpose is to generate ideas and set out a vision for how the EU should develop and improve in the future.
We want to hear what is important to you and where you live. How is Brexit impacting on your way of life?
Citizens from across Europe, including those from non-member states such as ourselves, are being encouraged to get involved through consultation events and panels, and directly by submitting ideas through a digital platform www.futureu.Europa.eu, which acts as the hub of the Conference.
For those of us for whom Europe is still the most defining issue of our time, this is an exciting opportunity to have our say.