Hertsmere Consultation extended for two extra weeks
Originally published by Hertsmere Liberal Democrats
This morning the Lib Dem team met with Hertsmere council officers to discuss concerns over the Local Plan consultation portal. They've told us they'll now extend the consultation for an extra 2 weeks.
- They have fixed the problems many people had registering to use the consultation portal.
- They promise to make it possible to comment on individual sites - which we feel is crucial.
- They will fix the link to the consultation portal on hertsmerelocalplan.com so that it is possible to go straight to the consultation.
- They will tackle the broken search function, which currently brings up the 2018 consultation and not the 2021 consultation
- Instead of using the portal, you can email comments to email@example.com or write to Local Plan Consultation, Hertsmere Borough Council, Borehamwood WD6 9SR
We are grateful to the officers for taking the issue seriously - but we still hope they will improve the portal much further, by making the language more user friendly, and adding maps of whole towns, and smaller sites, so residents can fully appreciate what's proposed.
We will continue to monitor the situation, and if the portal does not improve as hoped, we will press for a further extension.